Sunday, November 7, 2010

Raven: Custom knife maker and artist

Ok, Folks, I am the creator of this blog site, not Raven, the artist herself...she is presently busy doing what artists and craftsmen do...creating and crafting.  So, I have taken it upon myself to sneak in a little preliminary post,  1)to test out various layout-related issues, and more importantly, 2) to get a few words out to the public about Raven and her work. (I hope she is not mad.)

I am not generally the cheerleader type, the type to encourage a person to "get their work out there" and that is because I don't generally think their work is that great.  But, I was ok with my friend's idea of helping Raven out by making her a website to show her custom knives, statuary and other carvings because I wanted to play around with creating a website.  That's all it was...UNTIL I SAW THE KNIVES!!!

The photographs of her work that I had seen were undeniably low quality.  But knowing that still left me completely unprepared.  I could not believe my eyes!  THEY WERE INCREDIBLE!  The detail was beyond belief.  There were bubbles carved into the handle of the knife she calls "Birth" that were perfect, nearly-whole spheres that were maybe 1/32", as were the dragon's whiskers on the handle of "Destiny."  Truly amazing! 

We tried to rectify the unfortunate state of affairs with the photography, and we did get some better pictures.  Yet, still the pictures do not do justice to the actual pieces at all.  We really need to work on our photography skills.  And we will.  But, for now, all I can say is, if you are interested in custom knives or beautifully detailed miniature statuary or any other kind of carved art, keep an eye out for Raven Littlemaker!  She's the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment